Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Happy July 4th!

What are everyone's plans for the holiday?

I will be diligently working until late, then I think Ian and I are going to catch some illegal beach fireworks. If he can get off work early enough, we may go to Broadway at the Beach and see the real fireworks!

But it seems that down here the 4th is just another day. This is our busiest week of the whole year. There is no parking anywhere. Everyone staying here thinks they are special. This week costs between $35,000 and $40,000- yes ladies and gentlemen- for 1 week! So everyone thinks they deserve Oceanfront Center, top floor. Not fun!

It isn't the same down here for the 4th. I really miss Orrville's carnival. I loved playing bingo and running into everyone that i have ever known. I miss watching the softball games too. Of course, i miss cookouts and you guys too!

Ok, enough of memory road! I am at work, so I guess I should get back to it!

Muah!

1 comment:

brielor said...

Well, this is one of those holidays that is just more fun with children. Covering of the ears during the "big booms", de-sticking the cotton candy hands and running with sparklers. How lucky I am to have had that. So, I guess I will just hang out, watch the lighting bugs and remember.