Monday, October 13, 2008
Friends and Dinner Parties
I thought that I would share that Taylor and I hosted our first dinner party last night. It was loads of fun. We had invited over some of our new friends from my work. We had been to their house twice already for dinner so it was our turn now since we finally have a place for people to sit down. We had to set up the poker table so that there was enough room for everyone, I didn't have all the proper serving-ware, and I forgot that we can't buy wine here on Sundays so we went without. But really it was a lot of fun and I think everyone had a good time. Taylor played the part of a very good host.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
thats so cool!! what did you serve? make a list of required serviceware and maybe santa will take notice.
love,
mama
I've actually been meaning to mention that to Santa. I'm quite hoping that a stand-up Kitchenaid mixer might show up for me this year. As well as, perhaps, a couple of round cake pans and servingware. I have no cake/pie server and no serving plates/bowls. I guess that we have missed out on that without the big wedding.
I forgot to tell you what I made. We had Pork Milanese with "Both Ways" vegetables, salad, and crescents. Casey brought pecan pie. It was all good. In case you are wondering, they were deemed "Both Ways" vegetables because they were roasted Autumn Harvest vegetables made by me. We are actually going to Casey and Byron's tonight for another dinner party. I made yellow cake with chocolate icing. Yummm. Easy enough to make but required extra labor due to my lack of a mixer. (Hint...Hint)
sounds yummy. i have no idea what it is, but make it for us when we visit!!!
as for the stand mixer, i've never had one. always have used a hand held one for everything from mashed potatoes to cake. guess they are old school now!!
How fun!The closest things we have to a dinner party is a poker night- not as cool.
I think that you and Tao should have a party to celebrate sometime soon before you are celebrating your First year anniversary. I can organize and it can be low key or styled by the Ritz if you want. You should celebrate the wedding with family and friends, then, you can register for the gifts you would like and what doesn't get bought for you at the party can be good Christmas ideas!
Post a Comment