It is officially the end of summer now. How can I make this statement? Simple, the chorus had our first rehearsal for the new season last night and I was singing frickin' Christmas music for a couple of hours. Crazy! We were sweating up in the rehearsal space because the church doesn't have air conditioning and singing about snow and Santa Claus!
It was nice to be back at rehearsals even thought we didn't have much of a break this year. After the June concert, the Coastliners did a concert at a park in Cleveland. Then we had the GALA festival in Miami. The Coastliners sang at a commitment ceremony last weekend, we're doing a gig at a church this Saturday, singing for the grand opening of the Hanna Theatre in Cleveland the next week and there is another commitment ceremony (what is it with these gay guys?) the first of October. There is also a chance that the Coastliners are going to be the opening act for Michael Feinstein in Medina sometime in October, but that hasn't been finalized yet.
Enough about me and the chorus. What is rest of the family doing??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy cow busy man! it sounds like you are really really busy. no AC? how do you do it? christmas songs? i am NOT ready for that. Not even close.
I agree. Time is going too fast. I'm not ready for it to be winter and the Holidays yet. Especially since with the Holidays this year comes student loan payments. And I don't want to think about that yet. I have been at my new job a month already and that seems crazy. Time has flown by.
Post a Comment